About the Software
Your digital world is always brighter with PaintShop Pro 2022
Get all the color and brightness you’ve been missing! From one-click fixes to advanced photo editing, PaintShop®Pro 2022 makes it all happen faster with AI-powered features and more.Imagined for all skill levels and designed with multiple workspaces, you’ll find it easy to navigate and accomplish whatever photo task you need. Complete your visual story with a collection of graphic design tools to paint, draw, add text or build composites with layers and masks. A positive experience from start to finish, you can produce results that are as unique as yourimages.Real. Intelligent. Creative.
- Powerful photography tools and features
- Depend on a versatile range of professional image editing tools to make every shot, the best shot.
- Essential tools
- Easily crop areas of your photo to alter the focus using composition guides, Golden Ratio and Rule of Thirds. Resize with ease using one of several presets, or resize by pixels, percentage or print size. Restore and repair old photos with the Scratch Remover and Fade Correction tools to enhance contrast and color to faded photos.
- Adjustment tools
- Alter your photos using a wide variety of powerful adjustment tools, including Brightness and Contrast, Fill Light and Clarity, Fade Correction, White Balance, Hue and Saturation, Noise Removal, Vibrancy, Sharpening, color correction, and tonal levels and curves.
- Selection and Correction tools
- Isolate the area you want to select with a variety of Selection tools and enhance your selection with the Refine Brush. Automatically correct distortions, vignetting and chromatic aberrations in your photos with Lens Correction tools and use the Straighten tool to fix a crooked horizon, or the Perspective Correction tool to make a photo appear as though it was taken from a different angle.
- RAW, HDR, and 360° camera support
- Manage and save metadata in your RAW files with PaintShop Pro’s RAW Lab and correct problem areas, such as recovering blown highlights or adjusting shadows. Combine several photos of the same scene with different exposures to create one stunning HDR photo. Edit photographs taken with a 360° degree camera by straightening a photo with rotation or make it appear levelled. Remove and automatically replace a tripod or produce an interesting ‘planet-like’ effect.
- Time saving tools
- Reduce repetition and accelerate complex photo-editing actions with Scripts. Record a series of edits as a script to apply to any photo, anytime. Automate edits on multiple photos at once with batch processing like adding a watermark, picture frame, or simply resizing.
- Creative graphic design features
- PaintShop Pro is packed with creative tools for creative people.
- Smart solutions
- Explore new tools powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve your photos in no time.
- AI-powered tools - Intricate and time consuming edits just got so much easier with the new technology engineered into PaintShop Pro. Enlarge an image without unwanted distortion with AI Upsampling, remove artifacts and noise from your photos with one click using AI Artifact Removal or AI Denoise, and stylize your photos with artistic effects using AI Style Transfer.
- Content-aware tools - Remove flaws, objects and distractions with the Object Remover or try content-aware editing tools, like SmartClone, Magic Move and Magic Fill, to automatically fill empty areas. Eliminate red-eye, blemished and unwanted lines or smooth wrinkles, whiten teeth and even out skin tones with Makeover and retouching tools.
- One-click corrections and instant effects - Let One Step Photo Fix automatically apply color and sharpening corrections or use Smart Photo Fix to fine-tune settings for a perfect photo. Browse hundreds of effects, including preset filters, 3D, artistic, illumination and reflection, to add drop shadows and borders to images, or turn photos into a sketch or painting.
Behind every show-stopping image is real intelligence. Highly effective features and tools powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning technology make creating something truly original, achievable.
- NEW - Frame Tool
- The all-new Frame tool makes placing raster objects into shapes quick, easy and intuitive. Designed to accelerate the creation of digital layouts, work with a variety of frame shapes and sizes to achieve a desired look. Draw frames to use as handy placeholders or draw frames over a selected object, image or text for a polished result.
- NEW - AI Background Replacement
- Replace the background of an image automatically with powerful immersive technology. The new AI Background Replacement detects people in a photo to seamlessly replace a background. Experiment with different scenes, color schemes, or create a fantasy land of your own.
- NEW - AI Portrait Mode
- Immersive technology automatically analyzes and applies a complimentary bokeh blur to the background of your image for professional-looking portraits guaranteed to standout.
- ENHANCED - AI Style Transfer
- Explore new advanced adjustments to AI Style Transfer and apply even more artistic features to your images. Use new Smooth Image and Color Match sliders for pristine results integrated in the Instant Effect panel in all workspaces.
- NEW - File Support
- Open and edit iPhone photos saved in high-efficiency image files (HEIC, HIF).
- ENHANCED - Welcome Screen Experience
- PaintShop Pro’s Welcome screen is enhanced with you in mind, offering a helpful new Workspace tab with built-in tutorials and learning content to help you master the product with ease. An improved design and new thumbnail previews for recent files promote intuitive navigation and a seamless experience allowing you to focus your time on what you do best.
- NEW - Creative content
- At the very core of PaintShop Pro is creativity. Which is why we’ve added new brushes, color palettes, gradients, patterns, and picture tubes conveniently built into PaintShop Pro for you to explore.
Windows - Minimum
- Windows 11, and Windows 10 (recommended version 1903 or later with the latest service pack (64-bit editions)
- For virtualization: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019.
- Intel® Celeron G series or AMD® Phenom II and above (Intel® i5 or AMD® Ryzen series and above recommended for Artificial Intelligence feature support)
- 4GB of RAM (8 GB recommended for Artificial Intelligence feature support)
- 3GB of available hard-disk space required (4GB recommended)
- 1366 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 display resolution @100 DPI recommended). Up to 250 DPI supported with appropriate resolution display.
- DirectX 10 or higher compatible video adapter with the latest driver (DirectX 12 compatible discrete VGA card recommended for GPU acceleration)
- Internet Explorer version 11 or higher, with the latest updates
- Internet connection required for online features and tutorial videos
Import Formats Supported
- AI, BMP, CAL, CALS, CGM, CLP, CUR, CUT, DCX, DIB, EMF, EPS, GIF, HDP, IFF, IMG, J2K, JIF, JP2, JPC, JPE, JPEG, JPG, JPS, MAC, MPO, MRW, MSP, PBM, PCD, PCT, PCX, PDF, PGM, PIC, PICT, PNG, PNS, PPM, PS, PSD, PSP (PSP image files), RAS, RAW, RIF, RLE, SCT, SVG, SVGZ, TGA, TIF, UFO, WBM, WBMP, WDP, WEBP, WMF, WPG
- RAW file support for over 800 camera models, including the following file extensions: 3FR, ARW, CR2, CRW, DCR, DNG, K25, KDC, NEF, NRW, ORF, PEF, RAF, RW2, SR2, SRF, X3F (Visit full model list)
Exports Formats Supported
- BMP, CAL, CALS, CLP, CUT, DCX, DIB, EMF, EPS, AI, PS, GIF, GIF, HDP, WDP, IFF, IMG, JP2, J2K, JPC, JPG, JIF, JPE, JPEG, MAC, MSP, PBM, PCX, PGM, PIC, PPM, PNG, PSD, PSP (PSPIMAGE FILES), RAS, RAW, RIF, RIFF, RLE, SCT, CT, JPS, PNS, TGA, TGA, TIF, TIFF, WBMP, WBM, WEBP, WMF
- Brush Formats: PaintShop Pro Brush (.pspbrush), Adobe Photoshop Brush (.abr), Jasc Brush (.jbr)